BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 2.0 Layouts »

Monday, November 21, 2011

11-21-11

ZERO THE HERO~

Today we celebrated our 60th day of school!  Sophie and Christina's moms provided us with a wonderful turkey to make.  Be sure to use this Zero the Hero Turkey for your Thanksgiving table!
Thank you for a wonderful activity!

 THANKSGIVING STORY~
Today we read the book, What Is Thanksgiving Day? to learn more about the first Thanksgiving.  Then, during Free Choice time, children visited the Lily Pad to make a special bracelet which tells the story of the first Thanksgiving.  Be sure to ask your child about his/her bracelet and ask  your child to tell you the story.  We included a copy of the story in blue folders.



Free Choice~
 Cooper and M.J. built this robot using some new blocks we put in the Construction Zone.
 THANKSGIVING~
Today we discussed what it means to be thankful--to like or love something; something that makes you feel happy.  Next, we read a story called, Thanksgiving Is For Giving Thanks.    
After our story and discussion, each child had the opportunity to tell the class something he/she is thankful for.  Here were their responses....

Anna~"my friends and family"
Jack~"Nathan giving me a hug."
Jake~"my mom and dad"
Cooper~"Mrs. Spolter and Mrs. 'B'"
Mia~"God"
Mary~"my teachers"
Sophie~"my jumpy house"
Christina~"my toys"
Nathan~"my toys"
Seth~"police officers"
M.J.~"friends"
Owen~"food"
Kaitlin~"my toys"
Sasha~"school"
Theo~"school"
Alek~"my teachers"
Adrianna~"my toys"
Caroline~"my parents"

~HAPPY THANKSGIVING!~

0 comments: